Thursday, September 30, 2010

Santa Fe Chicken Pita Pizza

This recipe was soooo easy.  Like usual, I added extra ingredients because I had some that I thought would be a good addition.  I added tomatoes, green onions and corn.  Also, I used regular black beans instead of refried black beans because I read the recipe wrong, but I think I'll use it that way again.  Also, of course I did not measure anything.  I just put how much I wanted on each pita flat.  For some reason the grocery store I was at didn't sell pitas?  So I made them on these sandwich flats that they had, but the centers got soggy.  I'm definitely looking somewhere else for pitas next time.

Ingredients:

  • 4 pita breads (6 inches)
  • 1/2 cup refried black beans
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
  • 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
  • 3/4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese


Directions
1.  Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet, spead with salsa and top with beans.  Top with all the other ingredients, finishing with cheese.

2.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 mins or until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment