- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (10 to 12 inches diameter)
- 6 tablespoons asian sauce (teriyaki, hosisin, general tsao, orange, whatever you want)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast-shredded or cubed or diced
1. Cook rice according to package directions, set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions, cook and stir 1 minute or until wilted. Stir green onions into cooked rice.
3. fill 2 quart saucepan half full of water; heat to boiling. Add snow peas and cook 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool. Pat dry and cut lengthwise into thin strips. In medium bowl, stir together snow peas, cabbage, carrot, rice vinegar and ginger.
4. To assemble wraps, lay tortillas on work surface. Spread each with 1 tablespoon sauce of your choice. Place some of the chicken, rice and veggie mixture in the tortilla and wrap it up, burrito style.
Kyle and I really liked these. We used General Tsao sauce to flavor the wraps. I also sautéed the chicken in some of the sauce because I thought it added more flavor.