- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- about 1 1/4 pd chicken tenders or breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar and cumin. Rub both sides of chicken with the spice mixture.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in hot oil for 12 mins or until chicken is done.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together corn, red pepper, cucumber, kidney beans, lime juice and salt.
4. Serve chicken over corn salsa.
I don't really like cumin, but I thought this was delicious. I think the brown sugar adds something to the chicken that I've never experienced before.