Sunday, January 30, 2011

Better Than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

I'm pretty picky about my Alfredo sauces, but I think this one is delicious!  It claims to be better than the Olive Garden's sauce, but I think it tastes the exact same.  Our favorite way to eat this is over bowtie pasta and sautéed vegetables (usually which ever ones we have in the fridge).

Ingredients:
5 Tablespoons sweet butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon white pepper (I just use regular black)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

1.  Melt Butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat.  Add the garlic, cream, pepper and bring mixture to a simmer.  Stir often.

2.  Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 mins or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.

3.  When sauce has thickened add the mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment