Best Ever Easy Pizza Dough
1 ¼ C. warm water 3-3 ½ C. Flour
1 Tbls yeast
½ tsp salt
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add sugar, salt, and 2 ½ C flour. Mix to form dough.
3. If more flour is needed, add up to 1 C. more. Mix about 3 minutes.
4. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
5. Spread dough with hands on greased pizza pan or skillet. Add toppings, bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until done.
When you're mixing your dough for three minutes, throw in some dried or fresh herbs, like garlic, rosemary, oregano, or parsley to give the dough some flavor.
Suggested toppings: pineapple by itself! artichoke hearts, green pepper, and onion. Try using pesto or alfredo sauce instead of pizza sauce. Use different types of cheese. Fold over and make calzones. The possiblities are endless.
This dough can also be used to make really delicious bread sticks. Just roll it out after letting it rest for 10 minutes. I like to pre-cut it with a pizza slicer, so it's easy to pull apart. You can make a sauce of melted butter and garlic salt and brush that on before you bake it if you want a little garlic-ness. You could also put on shredded Parmesan or your other favorite type of cheese. Watch the baking time though, it may take less than for the pizza.