An old favorite recipe I got from my BYU Home Economics professor- somewhat nutritious.
• ½ cup light corn syrup
• ½ cup light brown sugar packed
• ½ creamy peanut butter
• ½ cup coconut
• 1 cup thin pretzels (be careful not to pour in from the package- the salt all pours in)
• 1 cup Special K cereal
• 1 cup Cheerios cereal
• 1 cup Corn Chex cereal
• ½ cup nuts (peanuts or cashews are good)- optional
1. In a large mixing bowl- combine the pretzel sticks, Special K cereal, Cheerios, Corn Chex, Coconut and nuts (optional). Mix with a wooden spoon.
2. Find a 8” round or square cake pan or pie pan. Take a paper napkin and rub the bottom and the bottom and the sides with butter to grease the pan.
3. In the large saucepan or large frying pan- put in the corn syrup. Scrape it all out with a wooden spoon. Then add the brown sugar. Stir it well with a wooden spoon. Turn on the heat to high and wait until it starts to boil- bubble a bit.
4. Start timing and let it boil for exactly 60 seconds. Take off heat and stir in the peanut butter. Stir well.
5. Now pour the hot mixture into the cereal large bowl. Stir well.
Make sure all the cereal has the goop on it.
6. Smash down with wooden spoon or buttered hands. Let cool for a few minutes- start doing the clean up and dishes.